Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Where is Gordon NOW?

I just arrived Quito. It is 5 pm. I stayed overnight
at the airport in Sao Paulo, Brazil. I about froze to
death until I realized the Paraguayan Foundation gave
me a hammock. I wrapped up in it and was just fine.
It took me until 2 pm to figure that out. I had no
problems in transit. Walked right to the gate and it
left on time.

In Lima they didnt have a plane for us so I had to
wait 6 hours until they found one. I was suppose to
meet with the Mayor of Otavalo at 5 and he has not
shown up yet. I will just hang around the hotel to
see if he comes. The traffic is terrible. It took me
30 minutes to get from the airport to the hotel. In
the morning at 4:30 they say it will take 7 minutes.
By the way, this is one fancy hotel. Two chocolates
on the bed when I arrived. Thanks, Washington.

Paraguay is definately poor.- WE went to a little
village next to the school complex and found an
indigenous tribe. They used to hunt and wander to
survive. Due to the modern society wandering is no
longer a possibility. They are having a very hard
time adjusting to living in one place. Very poor
conditions to live in. I have a few stories on some of
the terrible conditions I saw.

PARAGUAY


WEll, I am going to leave you now.
Love you all. Be good and do good.
Gordon

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Glad you are on your way home. Can't wait to read the stories of Paraguay.

analee hirschi said...

hey dad. love your stories. it is good to finally follow you around. glad you are back safe in the US of A!!!